Yield: 8 to 10 servings
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine garlic, thyme and pepper; press onto beef roast.
2. Place roast, fat side up, in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat or touching bone. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350 degree F. oven 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours for medium rare; 2-3/4 to 3 hours for medium doneness.
3. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135 degrees F. for medium rare; 150 degrees F. for medium. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will rise to 145 degrees F. for medium rare; 160 degrees F. for medium.) Carve roast; season with salt. Serve with Yorkshire pudding.
1. Combine flour, chives, thyme and 1/4 tsp salt in bowl. In second bowl, whisk milk and eggs; gradually whisk into flour mixture until smooth. Refrigerate up to 1 hour.
2. After roast is removed: Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Divide butter among 12 muffin cups; tilt to coat bottoms. Fill halfway with batter. Bake in 450 degrees F. oven 15 to 18 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve immediately.
Makes 12 puddings.
Please note that some ingredients and brands may not be available in every store.